What’s happened with Rental Yields in Reading?
If you are looking to invest in property, you need to be sure of the financial figures involved with the process. You may have logistical or emotional reasons to invest in an area, but there should always be sound economic reasons to invest.
The expected rental yield of an area is essential information that helps investors make an informed. If you are looking for information relating to the rental returns in Reading, we are here to assist you.
Make informed decisions when letting property
Figures provided by the rentalyields.com website offers the following rental yields in the RG1 postcode area:
- A one-bedroom property in RG1 offers a rental yield of 5.07%
- A two-bedroom property in RG1 offers a rental yield of 6.51%
- A three-bedroom property in RG1 provides a rental yield of 4.80%
- A four-bedroom property in RG1 provides a rental yield of 2.95%
- A five-bedroom property in RG1 provides a rental yield of 3.03%
The return on offer from a one and two-bedroom property in Reading will appeal to many investors, but some of these figures are on the modest side. At Patrick Williams, we are pleased to say we have helped many investors enjoy a stronger rental yield than the numbers listed above.
Average figures are a great starting point in determining areas of potential, but there are many ways to improve on the expected rental yield in an area. If you are looking to strengthen your rental return or would like guidance on how to enhance rental yield, please get in touch.
Property prices impact rental yields
The rental yield depends on many factors, including the price paid for a property. The amount paid for the property is a significant factor in the expected yield, which is why as the house increases in size, and therefore usually increasing in price too, the expected rental return becomes less appealing. This is a factor that influences yields and where is best for you to invest your time and money.
Again, if you are comparing areas, average prices are of interest, but if you are looking to invest in a specific area, it is best to focus on prices for a chosen type of property. The following information details the average price paid for property types in the RG1 postcode area in the past 12 months:
- Average price paid for flats in RG1 on the past 12 months is £245,224
- Average price paid for terraced properties in RG1 on the past 12 months is £311,636
- Average price paid for semi-detached properties in RG1 on the past 12 months is £442,499
- Average price paid for detached properties in RG1 on the past 12 months is £506,386
Given that average prices in Reading, and many places across the country, have stalled in more recent times and demand for rental property remains high, it is no surprise to learn that some landlords are achieving success concerning expected rental yields. If you’re looking to let property in Reading and need advice or guidance, contact Patrick Williams, and we will be more than happy to assist you.